The NoxiTest isolated stimulator, "NoxiStim", offers current controlled electrical stimulation at the following maximum strength:
- 100mA (limited by current·time); 2mA continous (unlimited time)
- Output voltage limit: 240V
If not applied properly this can be lethal!
Therefore a number of restrictions are imposed on its use:
- Before you start using the stimulator, you must have been fully instructed in its use by a competent supervisor.
- If you don't feel comfortable using the stimulator or it acts differently from what you expect, then don't use it! - Stop immediately - contact your supervisor, the lab. responsible or technical support!
- Never stimulate accross the heart!
- Always test the full setup in all operation modes (eg. classes in Mr Kick) before stimulation is applied to a subject.
- Don't do experiments on yourself alone.
- Never leave subjects alone in the room while connected to the stimulator and it is on.
- Supervisors must ensure that their students have been instructed before use of the machine (according to first point), and that the setup incl. the full experimental protocol has been testet properly before it is applied to a subject.
- Supervisors must be present during setup and test as well as startup of any experiment.
- Follow the Regulations for electrical safety in the laboratories.
Only if you accept and comply with the above restrictions, then you can use the stimulator.
Follow the links below to obtain further information on how to use the stimulator: